Hort Enterprises is a large multi-disciplined engineering company providing design, fabrication and mechanical site services for the mining industry as well as project delivery throughout NSW, SA, QLD, WA and NT. Our head office is based in Orange NSW with s support office in West Wyalong.
Hort Enterprises is seeking a suitable person to join the estimating team based in Orange, NSW.
- Experience with fixed plant mechanical equipment, and/or construction, and/or mine sites
- Experience as a Site Supervisor, Project or Mechanical Engineer, Project Coordinator, or Estimator. Graduate Engineers will also be considered for this position
- Experience in one or more of the following: fabrication, site scoping, developing project costing, estimating, on site project delivery
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to develop relationships with clients
- Must be a team player with strong organisational, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent customer service / negotiation skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication
Reporting to the Estimating Manager your main responsibilities will be to work closely with Department Managers, Engineers, Estimators, Suppliers and Clients to generate cost accurate and competitive proposals for a variety of items and projects.
- Complete regular site inspections to understand client requirements
- Estimation of man-hours and materials including calculation of costings
- On-the-job training will be provided for using estimation software
- Estimates may include components of design, fabrication, site installation or a combination of these fields
- Jobs to be quoted can range from simple pipe spools or supports, through to multi-faceted maintenance improvement/construction projects
- Analyse drawings, plans, scopes, and specifications when completing estimates
- Liaise with other internal departments to obtain input and feedback for quotes
- Review project execution and compare actual versus planned costings
- Build and maintain Client, Supplier and Subcontractor relationships
This is a permanent position based at our head office in Orange. If you are seeking a rewarding career with a well-established company, we would love to hear from you.
Successful candidates will be asked to provide referee details and undergo pre-employment medical and drug and alcohol screening.
Renumeration will be negotiated depending on experience and qualifications.
To apply for this exciting opportunity, please click “Apply Now” button to upload your resume